Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Who I Am

At the age of 9 I had my first open heart surgery. I am now 26 and life and thrown me a lot of curves but not without me navigating my way though them. I have learned with family, friends, love, faith and the right attitude life isn’t so bad.
In 2005 I was diagnosed with Loeys-Dietz Syndrome and I hope to use this blog to teach others more about this syndrome and to also share with you my ups and downs and everything in-between!
Stronger is the name of my blog and the reason is really just the meaning of the word itself. Everything I have been though, everyone I have met, all the lives that have touched mine have made me the woman I am today. Although the road is rarely easy it is more than worth it!
This is the picture of my tattoo that I got March 1, 2012 the same day that I left the hospital! The date on it is 1-24-11 this is the day that I had my lung removed. And the word STRONGER!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Emily! you are a great writer! and do do love you tat!!!
    God continues to bless you!
    Stephanie c

    ReplyDelete