Sunday, March 18, 2012

Just Another Day...


So last Wednesday Dr. Connors and Dr. Daud had me come in for another bronc. It should that I had indeed coughed up the hole plug and as of then there was no sign of scar tissue growth but that can take some time.

I arrived at the hospital at 7am and was discharged at 1130. Got to love when they can get you in and out of the hospital in a timely fashion. So mom took me to grab lunch and then it was home to sleep, or at least that was the plan. No sooner did I fall asleep Dr. Connors called me to tell me what he saw and what he believed the best plan of action would be.  The plan would be to go meet a surgeon at Barnes who has more experience with this than any other person in St. Louis. So I okayed it and hung up to try to go back to sleep. Again no sooner had I fallen asleep my phone was going off. It was Dr. Connors nurse Nancy calling to tell me that Dr. Patterson could see me that day if I had time to get down there. So I was up and out of bed and heading down to Barnes with my mom to meet the guy that was either going to make me really mad or make me feel ok about all this.

Dr. Patterson does not want to cut me open to fix the leak since I am not symptomatic. Instead we will try some other glues/jells to close the hole, and I will just stay on my antibiotic till something works.

So I will be heading to Barnes on Tuesday for yet another bronc but another non invasive try at patching this hole. I hope it works because I would really like to start working out again!

We will all just keep praying that it works and for all those that take care of me and my family.

I do have a couple prayer request


·         A family in our parish needs  prayers a mom and her 3 daughters are now dead… we may never know what drove the mom to kill them and then take her own life…. You think it will never happen to someone you know… So sad… life is so precious

·         For all those in the medical field that they remember that there patients are not just the symptoms or syndromes that they have but they are PEOPLE with FEELINGS.



Thank you so much and until next time love and prayers,

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment