Sunday, August 19, 2012

Until Next Time

                      Dr. Connors, Me, and Dr. Daud on Dr. Connors last day.... These 2 men take such wonderful care of me!! Love them both so much!
It has been said that saying "See you later." is so much easier then saying "Goodbye" and I believe that this may in fact be as true as true can be.

Tomorrow August 20, 2012 one of my favorite doctors is moving back home to Utah. I am very happy for him and... Well kind of sad for me. You see he came to Missouri Baptist the month before I had my first open heart surgery with Dr. K back in August of 2010... in fact that anniversary is coming very soon. But anyway Dr. Connors has been with me through thick and thin. He has seen me at my lowest and at my happiest. He was even there when I wasn't even in the hospital to see him. This man is a very talented surgeon and I know that he will do great things where ever he goes. I just wish he could stay here in case I ever need his handy work again. Here is praying that I don't and that I can stay out of the hospital for a very very long time!

So last Wednesday I went to see Dr. Connors one last time. I had a perfectly picked out card that said "bye" in many different ways then on the inside it told him the translation of "this really SUCKS" and to me it totally does. I also went on snapfish and made him a little picture book with quotes, song lyrics and many awesome photos that I have captured over the past almost 2 years. He seemed to really like it and promised that he would sit down later and look at it more closely (as he had patients waiting to see him) and that he would email me soon so that I could keep him updated on all my happenings here in St. Louis! It's rough knowing he won't be there but I know that there are other doctors and that sometimes people just have to do what’s best for them even if you don't see it that way.

" I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment